L'événement culturel de l'été à Bruxelles!
Kirchoff & Rose, architects. Built by West Coast vaudeville showman and Orpheum Circuit founder Martin Beck, who--through questionable dealings--was forced to share it with the competition (B.F. Keith and E.F. Albee of the UBO Circuit). It opened as a vaudeville house in 1913. By 1930, it had added movies and, by 1957 (except one appearance by Harry Belafonte), it was strictly a movie palace. In 1965, the Nederlanders bought, renovated and returned it to legit use, reopening on January 29, 1966.