L'événement culturel de l'été à Bruxelles!
Lazarus is a musical with music and lyrics composed by David Bowie. First performed at the end of 2015, it was one of the last works Bowie completed before his death on 10 January 2016. The musical is a sequel to Walter Tevis's novel The Man Who Fell to Earth; Bowie previously starred in the 1976 film adaptation of the same name, directed by Nicolas Roeg.
Inspired by the book, 'The Man Who Fell To Earth', Lazarus follows Thomas Newton as he remains still on Earth - a 'man' unable to die. Whilst his head is soaked in cheap gin and haunted by a past love, the musical follows Newton during the course of a few days where the arrival of another lost soul - might set him finally free.
The musical is a sequel to Walter Tevis's novel The Man Who Fell to Earth; Bowie previously starred in the 1976 film adaptation of the same name, directed by Nicolas Roeg.
The musical was staged for a limited run at New York Theatre Workshop in Manhattan, directed by Ivo van Hove.
Like Bowie's contemporary album Blackstar (with which it shares the song "Lazarus"), much of the production of the musical was kept secret until its first preview in November 2015. The musical opened on 7 December 2015 with a planned run through 17 January 2016, although the production was extended to 20 January 2016. Tickets to the entire run of the musical sold out within hours of being made available.
Bowie's last public appearance was at the 7 December 2015 opening night of the production.
New York City's mayor's office declared the final day of the play's run (20 January 2016) "David Bowie Day" in honor of the late artist (died 10 january 2017) and presented the proclamation to managing director Jeremy Blocker at the curtain call of the final show.
A London production of the musical was announced in July 2016. The London production runs at the Kings Cross Theatre from 8 November 2016 to 22 January 2017, with previews beginning the week of 25 October.
Ivo van Hove will direct the London production. The London production will be produced by Robert Fox Ltd. and Jones/Tintoretto Entertainment.
1. "Lazarus" (frpm Blackstar (2016))
2. "It's No Game (Part 1)" (from Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) (1980))
3. "This Is Not America" (written by Bowie, Pat Metheny, and Lyle Mays) (from (The Falcon and the Snowman (1985))
4. "The Man Who Sold the World" (1995 "Outside" B-side remix version) (fromThe Man Who Sold the World (1970))
5. "No Plan"
6. "Love Is Lost" (from The Next Day (2013))
7. "Changes" (from Hunky Dory (1971))
8. "Where Are We Now?" (from The Next Day (2013))
9. "Absolute Beginners" (from Absolute Beginners (1986))
10. "Dirty Boys" (from The Next Day (2013))
11. "Killing A Little Time"
12. "Life on Mars?" (from Hunky Dory (1971))
13. "All the Young Dudes" (from All the Young Dudes (1972))
14. "Sound and Vision" (from Low (1977))
15. "Always Crashing in the Same Car" (from Low (1977))
16. "Valentine's Day" (from The Next Day (2013))
17. "When I Met You"
18. ""Heroes"" (written by Bowie and Brian Eno)
Aucun dossier informatif complémentaire concernant Lazarus
On 21 October 2016, the original cast recording, Lazarus, was released. The album also features three previously unreleased songs from Bowie, among the last he recorded prior to his death.
Lazarus (2015-12-New York Theatre Workshop-Off Broadway)Type de série: Original
Théâtre: New York Theatre Workshop (Broadway (Off) - Etats-Unis) Durée : 1 mois 2 semaines Nombre : Première Preview : mercredi 18 novembre 2015Première : lundi 07 décembre 2015Dernière : mercredi 20 janvier 2016Mise en scène : Ivo van Hove • Chorégraphie : Annie-B Parson • Avec : Krystina Alabado (Teenage Girl 1), Sophia Anne Caruso (Girl), Nicholas Christopher (Ben), Lynn Craig (Maemi), Michael Esper (Valentine), Michael C. Hall (Newton), Cristin Milioti (Elly), Bobby Moreno (Zach), Krista Pioppi (Teenage Girl 2), Charlie Pollock (Michael), Brynn Williams (Teenage Girl 3)Commentaires : 2016 Lucille Lortel Awards Nominations
1. Outstanding Lead Actress in a Musical, Sophia Anne Caruso
2. Outstanding Lead Actor in a Musical, Michael C. Hall
2016 Drama League Awards Nominations
1. Distinguished Performance, Michael C. Hall
2016 Drama Desk Awards Nominations
1. Outstanding Actor in a Musical, Michael C. Hall
2. Outstanding Projection Design, Tal Yarden
3. Outstanding Sound Design in a Musical, Brian Ronan
2016 Outer Critics Circle Nominations
1. Outstanding Book Of A Musical (Broadway or Off-Broadway)
2. Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical, Sophia Anne Caruso
3. Outstanding New Off-Broadway Musical
4. Outstanding Projection Design (Play or Musical), Tal YardenEn savoir plus sur cette version
Lazarus (2016-11-King's Cross Theatre-London)Type de série: Original London
Théâtre: King's Cross Theatre (Londres - Angleterre) Durée : 2 mois 2 semaines Nombre : Première Preview : mardi 25 octobre 2016Première : mardi 08 novembre 2016Dernière : dimanche 22 janvier 2017Mise en scène : Ivo van Hove • Chorégraphie : Annie-B Parson • Avec : Michael C Hall (Thomas Newton), Michael Esper (Valentine) and Sophia Anne Caruso (Girl), Gabrielle Brooks, Sydnie Christmas, Richard Hansell, Amy Lennox, Maimuna Memon, Jamie Muscato, Tom Parsons and Julie YammaneeEn savoir plus sur cette version
Pas encore de video disponible pour ce spectacle